WHAT I WORE: Underground Love

I've had my eye on some Creepers for some time. So, was delighted when Mr D bought me a pair from Office the other day. THANK YOU MR D!
They are simple, black, round toe and just have a single sole and I LOVE THEM! I have been grinning like a Cheshire Cat since and plotting what outfits I could possibly wear with the new beauties. One of the things I love about creepers is the height of the sole. Being only 5ft 2 I need all the help I can get. Plus they look great with vintage clothes :)
Teddy Boys in Creepers and suits
Creepers have been made huge lately by the likes of Rita Ora and Rihanna. This is not the first time they have been in fashion though. Creepers began after the 2nd World War when soldiers based in the deserts of north Africa wore suede boots with hard-wearing crepe soles. The soldiers returned home and many found themselves wearing the same crepe-soled shoes out and about. The 'Brothel Creeper' was born! The creepers then came back in fashion in the 1950s by Teddy Boys and then yet again in the 1970s when the Teddy Boy look had a bit of a revival.
Image from Underground's S/S 2012 look-book
Underground England are one of the few independent companies that produce genuine creepers. They've been making them since the Eighties and also brought in new designs like the Triple Sole and Wedge Creepers. You can buy cheaper copies in most High Street shops now but these versions don't quite have the weight and quality as the genuine Creeper though.

Do you like Creepers? What would you wear yours with? I teamed mine with a reworked vintage tux shirt and my sparkly leggings from American Apparel. Androgynous eat your heart out! Check out the results below!

Big love and ta ta for now :)
AKA Hooting Miss Owl











15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blog! I love that jacket, the colours against your hair are amazing!

    You had an interest in taking part in our parcel exchange? :] There's a little form to get involved:

    Please fill in the following form and send it to Blogcat@hotmail.co.uk

    Your Name:
    Your Blog:
    Your Country:
    Your Hobbies:
    Describe your Taste:
    Your favourite clothing shop:
    Type of Blogger: (fashion/beauty/lifestyle etc)
    Parcel Budget: £5 // £10 // £15 // Any
    Would you like a local blogger, or an international blogger?

    Keep blogging! Going to put you on my favourite bloggers board on Pinterest <3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blogcat!

      So glad you like my blog. That jacket was a bargain at a local charity shop. Apparently it had been there for weeks but I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. Plus it was only £2! My husband doesn't think much of it though. Oh well, you win some and you lose some... tee hee!
      Any ho, would love to get involved with the parcel exchange. I will email you my form tonight!
      Big love,

      Jennie xox xox

      Delete
  2. What a great story, I'm so glad you included that in the post....makes the shoes even more awesome! That looks like the perfect outfit to wear them with!

    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post and you look so cool dear :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love creepers! I 'll bye a pair soon! cool styling! xxx

    www.stylentonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair sooo much :D

    would you like to follow each other?

    http://fashionmilkshake07.blogspot.it/
    xoxo giada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I want those creepers! I've actually been in the market for some creepers for quite some time now. Your post inspired me to keep looking! Great outfit, by the way!

    Please feel free to check out my blog and follow it if you want... I'll follow back, of course! :)

    -Kim
    www.KimKardashnguyen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome outfit! The shoes are great!:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just bought two pairs of Creepers and I'm really glad to have them in my footwear collection :)

    xxx
    Pixie
    http://www.pixiesinatra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the creepers and outfit Jen!
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a great blog. Very unique style. I will for sure visit you on a regular basis. I would also like to invite you to visit my blog www.instyleforless.org, I will be thrilled if you like and follow my blog twitter.com/@haleyinstyle, Facebook.com/instyleforless
    Thank you
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. great style. love the shoes :)

    www.movimentomoda.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would LOVE to visit England! Rain OR shine! :)

    Following you back, dear. By the way, still on the lookout for the perfect pair of creepers! I'll let you know when I find them!

    -Kim
    www.KimKardashnguyen.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THOSE CREEPERS!!

    LOVE YOUR BLOG TOO!

    I'm your new follower honey :)

    http://beaufashionbygemma.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous outfit! I love creepers but I don't think I could pull them off. (Also I'm a little bit in love with the colour of your hair).

    ~ Katy
    http://floralmess.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete