vintage at goodwood good yeah?

The first Vintage at Goodwood has been and gone and what a success it was! I had a fabulous time, but my only gripe was that one day was not enough. I was quite overwhelmed when I arrived and didn't know where to start.  I also found that a lot of the knitting & sewing workshops were fully booked by midday. Apart from that it was A-MAZING! We got to dress up and for the first time in 15 years I put on a pair of roller boots! The Roller Disco was an old dodgems fair ride (but without the dodgems) and only £2.50 for an hour. I loved it, but at one stage it started to get very crammed and was getting quite difficult trying to avoid small children.
The posh toilets were a god send. I have never been to a festival where there was proper toilets and dyson hand-dryers (they were SO clean!). Take note festival organisers. This is the way forward.
The high street looked fantastic and I felt like I was on a film set. On closer inspection I was very confused to see that there was a Primark shop.... WHY? I understand Abbey Road Studios, Oxfam and Bonhams. But why, oh why did they have to put in a Primark? I don't consider them to be British or even vintage. Don't get me wrong, I do have a tendency to shop in Primark from time to time. But I really felt it didn't belong there.
I have to say, I didn't really see any bands, but to be honest I didn't really go there for the music. I did see Kid Creole (was in his usual purple suit get up) and Craig Charles was strutting his stuff at the Soul Stage. I wish I managed to get into the Torch Club, but having to experience long queues on such little time, did not appeal to me at all.
I would like to return next year and experience the event for the full 3 days. I think I will even take my little girl along as it is a fantastic festival for children and also a great introduction to vintage.

High Street
Cinema showing classic films
Future Vintage
Abbey Road Studios


The House of Fairy Tales
Banner of Love
Map of Festival
Knitting Workshop, Stitch n Bitch
Roller Disco

Caravan from House of Fairy Tales



(Images - taken by Jennie Davies, please do not reproduce without permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment