One for the men...


I started this post quite a while back and kind of forgot about it. I remembered it again when news broke out about Galliano being fired by Dior. I found the whole fiasco quite disappointing and felt reluctant to post this fabulous menswear collection, but upon looking at it again this morning I can't help but admire his work. Is that bad? I have been quite a fan of Galliano's collections of late, especially his work inspired by René Gruau (see previous post), and then seeing his Menswear Spring 2011 collection made my jaw drop once again. The designer decided to base his collection on Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton. And boy! Didn't he do well? He wanted to make a statement about new proportions in menswear and went for the Little Tramp look of shrunken jackets and baggy trousers. For the Keaton look he used retro-tailored pieces with porkpie hats. Fabulous!

What do you think of Galliano's collection? Are you also disappointed about recent events? Do tell!





Images courtesy of Style.com and video from YouTube

1 comment:

  1. I was more disgusted then disappointed, at the very first reaction. Then I just rolled my eyes. If you are in the public spotlight, why would you ever be so cocky as to think you could get away with saying things like that? Delusional almost.

    I do not usually care for his design, but I did LOVE this line. I am a HUGE Keaton and Chaplin fan, and a big silent films fan in general.

    Glad you decided to post this. =]

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete