Hello 2013!

Hello 2013 and welcome to my first post of the year!

We are only 5 days into the year and I have been rushed off my feet already. Molly is still on her Christmas holiday, so it has been difficult to get any real work done. Although, it has given me the chance to have a good deep clean everywhere,  sort through things. You may have noticed that the blog has had a revamp. It was definitely time for a change. Plus, I wanted to give it a new header for some time now. Do you like the new changes?
Left to Right: H&M Lace Dress // Mirabelle Owl Necklace // H&M Leather Skirt & River Island Cat Shirt // Matalan Bird Scarf // H&M Sequin Dress // Kate & Aud Clock Necklace // Kate & Aud Charm Necklace // River Island Cat Shirt // H&M Lace Dress
I received so many lovely garments over Christmas, that it made me realize that I don't have any space to hang them. The time has come for me to be ruthless and relieve my bulging wardrobe by getting rid of a lot of things on Ebay. I had hoped that I would return to my old body shape after having Molly, but 3 years has passed and I have come to terms with the fact that I just need to accept my new shape and start looking after myself more. These realizations have formed the basis for most of my New Year resolutions. In order to stick to them this year, I've told myself if I write about it on here, I'll have no choice but to abide by them!

So, here in no particular order, are . . .

Hooting Miss Owl's 2013 resolutions
  1. Get fit. The older I'm getting, the harder it's going to be for me to get fit. I have made a promise to myself to try and do some kind of exercise, at least once a week (currently I do zilch). 
  2. Stop smoking. I really shouldn't be smoking, especially as I have a little girl, but it helped me get through some stressy situations last year. I'm not a heavy smoker, but even having 2 cigarettes a day I can tell it's having an effect on my health.
  3. Eat healthier. I love baking but unfortunately this can have bad consequences for your waistline and hips. Before I was pregnant I was a (UK) size 8 which has now steadily rised to a (UK) size 14. My ideal size would be a 10 and I think with good exercise and just being more aware about what I'm eating will help me achieve this. I am currently on 'Day 4' of my new diet and it seems to be going well so far. I have replaced my usual 5-10 cups of coffee a day with green tea and have omitted sugar from all hot drinks. Mr D and I enjoyed a very healthy dinner of beetroot couscous and baked haddock last night. It was delicious! I have recorded my weight from "Day 1" as 10.7 Stone (68 kilos). According to the NHS this means I am slightly over-weight for my height (5ft 2), so it's definitely time to tone up and tighten up those wobbly bits!
  4. Learn at least one new thing this year. Last year I taught myself to crochet and it's now one of my favorite past times. I haven't decided what it is yet but I would like to learn at least one new skill by the end of the year. Any suggestions?
I will be recording my process here on my blog and any tips on how to achieve my goals are most welcome. And what about you? Any resolutions you want to share?


Big love!
AKA Hooting Miss Owl




ALL IMAGES ARE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT.
PLEASE ASK FOR PERMISSION BEFORE USING.
THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. Love the look of the new blog! It's really clean & fresh & navigation bar down right side is lovely! Look forward to many more posts & hope we can help with the resolutions at ours (fish is the way forward!) Really must see you guys soon, love MK xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meerkuts for the feedback! Fish is definitely the way forward. Can't wait to see your face! xox xox

      Delete
  2. The site's looking fab girlie!! Please tell me you don't own that cat print shirt with Mulino modelling on it? Sooooo jealous ;)

    Love Katie Crow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh if you're selling it I'm sooo there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was Katie Crow again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, it's from River Island. I think it might even be in the sale. Go get it! I didn't even think of Mulino until you mentioned it :)

      x

      Delete