REVIEW: iPhone camera lenses



Mini Owl and myself had a little camera day yesterday. It was one of the options we picked from our 'Summer to-do list' and it gave me a chance to test out my new lenses that Mr. D had bought me for my iPhone.
These lenses are brilliant! You get three in a pack: one macro, one wide angle and one fish-eye. They are very easy to use and you simply attach them to your phone via a magnetic ring you have to stick around your camera lens. They come with an attachment for your keyring making it easier to keep them on you at all times, as you'll never know when you'll be hit by that overwhelming sensation of inspiration.

I love the idea of them, but find them a little fiddly. To use them I have to take the case off my phone which always puts me on tenderhooks. I would definitely take them on photography trips but not for the odd photo. For the results I think they are very reasonably priced. Mr.D paid quite a lot for mine in a shop in Brighton, but they can easily be found on Amazon and EBay at around £10.99.
Do not buy if you have an iPhone 3GS! The packaging says they are suitable for that modal but the lenses don't really work on them. The curved back adds a black obstruction on the results but they work perfectly well with the iPhone 4/4S and 5.

Macro




Wide Angle




Fish Eye


What do you think of the results? I'm definitely looking forward to experimenting with them, especially the macro. I think they will give interesting and fascinating results.

Big love!
AKA Hooting Miss Owl





ALL IMAGES ARE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT
PLEASE ASK FOR PERMISSION BEFORE USING!!!
THANK YOU

3 comments:

  1. How cool was that! I love this idea. And it is really priced reasonably. But do you need to activate some apps to use these lenses?

    HAndBDigital.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No activation is needed. Because you are attaching the lenses to your phone camera lens, they won't effect your apps.

      If you do get them, I would love to see your pics. They are so much fun to experiment with :)

      x

      Delete
  2. I must admit that this is one great insight. It surely gives a company the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and really take part in creating something special and tailored to their needs.
    hargagadgetz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete