WHAT I WORE: Dumpster Design


I recently received an email from Dumpster Design asking if I would like to do a style shoot with one of their dresses. Would I? Yes please! I was first introduced to Dumpster Design at Brighton Fashion Week and always thought the models looked like they were having so much fun walking down the catwalk in their recycled couture. To be offered to wear one of these innovative designs was something I could not turn down. 


The suggested dress was showcased at Brighton Fashion Week 2012. It's made from strips of blue jay cloths that had been worked on to a paper mache corset. The jay cloths were also shaped into petalss making it look like feathers of an owl (thought this to be rather appropriate for a Hooting Miss Owl). I decided my bird fascinator from Kate & Aud was the perfect accompaniment to my outfit. It was surprisingly comfortable and felt incredibly glamorous even though it was made from recyclables. It took over 3 weeks to create and it's Buy it Now price when first resided was £900!! Over a year later, and still in pretty good nik after being in one catwalk and one exhibition, it now retails at £700. 

In my last post I got to interview the brainchild of Dumpster Design, Daisy Harris-Burland. If you haven't read it yet, you can find it here. There's even a sneaky preview of the current collection Daisy is working on, 7 Deadly Sins!

What do you think of Eco fashion? Have you ever made a dress from items you've found lying round the house? I would like to think Eco and sustainable fashion are here to stay especially when designs are being so innovative and not your usual hemp trousers. If you would like Daisy to make you a bespoke garment, may it be for a special event, prom or even wedding, prices start around £700 and can be made from any material and any style! Visit her website for more info

Big love!

AKA Hooting Miss Owl











ALL IMAGES WERE TAKEN BY ATTACK PANIC PETE AND ARE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT.
PLEASE ASK FOR PERMISSION BEFORE USING!
THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment