The 30 Day Self-Portrait Challenge









I recently bought a new photography book by the girls behind inspirational blog, A Beautiful Mess. It's full of creative ideas and tips on how to take photos and there are also challenges for you to try out. One of the challenges that caught my eye was the 30 Day Self-Portrait Challenge. Although taking photos of yourself can be daunting (and a bit self-absorbed!) it does help you to learn about lighting, angles, colour, composition and posing without having to invade the personal space of friends and family, or even total randoms (as you do!).

I don't really like having my photo taken and I've just noticed, looking at the results so far, that I do tend to cover my face in some way or another, may it be with sunglasses, hands or toys. I'm hoping that by the end of the 30 days I will overcome my fear. Hopefully that will show in the results.


If you would love to get involved the rules are simple....
  1. Take 30 days of self-portraits (one everyday for a whole month)
  2. The portraits have to be about you or show you in some way
  3. You must take the pictures yourself

You can follow my challenge on Instagram (@HootingMissOwl). I'm half-way through already and I will be posting the final results on the blog when the challenge has finished. If any body else is doing the 30 day self-portrait challenge, I would love to see your results.

Big love!
AKA Hooting Miss Owl










ALL IMAGES ARE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT AND WERE TAKEN BY JENNIE DAVIES
PLEASE ASK FOR PERMISSION BEFORE USING
THANK YOU! 

3 comments:

  1. Love this! What camera are you using? Film or digital?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these shots were taken on my iphone. I carry that around everywhere with me, making it very easy to keep up to-date with the challenge. Plus I can post easily to Instagram from there. I do want to take some shots on my dSLR as well and put it on timer to get some action shots.

      Oh the possibilities are endless :) Let me know if you do it Jobo. I would love to follow your challenge!
      xox xox

      Delete
  2. These are so great! I love the pic of you at the bottom, wearing the sunnies and hat!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete