REVIEW: MatchNails

Hello lovelies! I hope that you all had a wonderful half-term and, like me, are now basking in the wonderful silence of a child free house! I had a fun, busy week with Molly but was ready and eager to get back to blogging this morning. I have some very exciting blog posts coming up... I met up with Brighton blogger, Sarah Harris, last week and got some great shots of her wearing THE dress I altered for her. So be sure to return later in the week for my post on that!

Have you heard of MatchNails? Let me introduce you .  .  .






Just before half-term I was invited to visit new nail bar, MatchNails, situated in the heart of the Laines. I jumped at the chance to have a little me time and this little haven was the perfect place for pampering. On the way to my appointment I almost couldn't find the salon as it's tucked away from the hustle and bustle above the handbag and shoe boutique, MatchBags. On arrival I was met by beautician, Verity, who led me up to the nail salon. I was notably distracted on the way up by beautiful Italian leather handbags, on sale on the first and second floor (see pics below on a few of my fave).




On entering the treatment room I was instantly met by the tranquil, light and airy atmosphere. There were two luxury massage chairs in front of an inviting fireplace and a small nail bar for those wanting a quick manicure. I decided to have a Basic OPI gel manicure which entailed nail shaping, cuticle care, hand massage and polish of my choice. This was my first gel manicure so I was excited to find out if it would really last 2-3 weeks with no chips.

The colour I went for was 'OPI on Collins Ave'. I love the red-orange tones! My current favourite lipstick is Mac's Morange and I thought it would compliment my new nails nicely. The service was really good as well, Verity made me feel instantly relaxed and expertly shaped and buffed my nails in prep for my first coat of nail varnish. Once painted, they were cured under a UV lamp. This causes them to dry and harden within seconds.



It's now been 2 weeks since I had my nails done and they've done pretty well considering the bashing they've been through. Baking, making, day trips and nights out - nothing has chipped away at this polish! Only one of the nails has a chip and you can see how much my nails have grown since the treatment too. I love the fact they still have their shine as well. Being a busy mother means I don't always find the time to paint my nails, especially when they only last a day or two, so I don't do it as much as I would like. So, this is the perfect lazy girl manicure for me! I'm just hoping this isn't going to be very damaging to my nails especially as the only way to remove the polish is by having a nail soak.

Have you had a gel manicure before?

Big love,





















ALL IMAGES ARE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT
PLEASE ASK FOR PERMISSION BEFORE USING!
THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment